April 30, 2013

Homegrown Alphabets

I am pleased to announce that a drop cap alphabet poster I helped design and print has been accepted as part of the Homegrown Alphabets Exhibit, which opens tomorrow at the Asheville BookWorks Gallery in West Asheville, NC. My first east coast exhibition!

Exhibit description: "Homegrown Alphabets is an exhibit intended to showcase the exciting ways in which type design and printing come together to form refined letterforms as well as wildly experimental letterforms. Homegrown Alphabets will be on exhibit in the BookWorks Gallery, May 1 – June 30, 2013. Juror: Eleanor Annand"

If you're in the area, please check it out! Our poster is the big one (30"x22") in navy and gold ink, and my contributions are the 'P' and 'S'. It was everyone's first time printing anything that large, and based on the experience, I think most of us will never attempt anything that large again. A rare specimen!

1 comment: